Antique Eljer Cast Iron Sink (beautiful Eljer Sink #6)
Antiquean•tique (an tēk′),USA pronunciation adj., n., v., -tiqued, -ti•quing.
- of or belonging to the past;
- dating from a period long ago: antique furniture.
- noting or pertaining to automobiles approximately 25 years old or more.
- in the tradition, fashion, or style of an earlier period;
- of or belonging to the ancient Greeks and Romans.
- (of paper) neither calendered nor coated and having a rough surface.
- any work of art, piece of furniture, decorative object, or the like, created or produced in a former period, or, according to U.S. customs laws, 100 years before date of purchase.
- the antique style, usually Greek or Roman, esp. in art.
- [Print.]a style of type.
- to make or finish (something, esp. furniture) in imitation of antiques.
- to emboss (an image, design, letters, or the like) on paper or fabric.
- to shop for or collect antiques: She spent her vacation antiquing in Boston.
Castcast (kast, käst),USA pronunciation v., cast, cast•ing, n., adj.
- to throw or hurl;
fling: The gambler cast the dice.
- to throw off or away: He cast the advertisement in the wastebasket.
- to direct (the eye, a glance, etc.), esp. in a cursory manner: She cast her eyes down the page.
- to cause to fall upon something or in a certain direction;
send forth: to cast a soft light; to cast a spell; to cast doubts.
- to draw (lots), as in telling fortunes.
- to throw out (a fishing line, net, bait, etc.): The fisherman cast his line.
- to fish in (a stream, an area, etc.): He has often cast this brook.
- to throw down or bring to the ground: She cast herself on the sofa.
- to part with;
lose: The horse cast a shoe.
- to shed or drop (hair, fruit, etc.): The snake cast its skin.
- (of an animal) to bring forth (young), esp. abortively.
- to send off (a swarm), as bees do.
- to throw or set aside;
discard or reject;
dismiss: He cast the problem from his mind.
- to throw forth, as from within;
emit or eject;
- to throw up (earth, sod, etc.), as with a shovel.
- to put or place, esp. hastily or forcibly: to cast someone in prison.
- to deposit or give (a ballot or vote).
- to bestow;
confer: to cast blessings upon someone.
- to make suitable or accordant;
tailor: He cast his remarks to fit the occasion.
- to select actors for (a play, motion picture, or the like).
- to allot a role to (an actor).
- to assign an actor to (a role).
- to form (an object) by pouring metal, plaster, etc., in a fluid state into a mold and letting it harden.
- to form (metal, plaster, etc.) into a particular shape by pouring it into a mold in a fluid state and letting it harden.
- to tap (a blast furnace).
- to compute or calculate;
add, as a column of figures.
- to compute or calculate (a horoscope) astrologically;
- to turn or twist;
- to turn the head of (a vessel), esp. away from the wind in getting under way.
- [Fox Hunting.](of a hunter) to lead or direct (hounds) over ground believed to have been recently traveled by a fox.
- [Archaic.]to contrive, devise, or plan.
- [Obs.]to ponder.
- to throw.
- to receive form in a mold.
- to calculate or add.
- to conjecture;
- (of hounds) to search an area for scent: The setter cast, but found no scent.
- to warp, as timber.
- (of a vessel) to turn, esp. to get the head away from the wind;
- to select the actors for a play, motion picture, or the like.
- to consider.
- to plan or scheme.
- cast about:
- to look, as to find something;
seek: We cast about for something to do during the approaching summer vacation.
- to scheme;
plan: He cast about how he could avoid work.
- cast away:
- Also, cast aside. to reject;
- to shipwreck.
- to throw away;
squander: He will cast away this money just as he has done in the past.
- cast back, to refer to something past;
revert to: The composer casts back to his earlier work.
- cast down, to lower;
- cast off:
- to discard;
- to let go or let loose, as a vessel from a mooring.
- [Print.]to determine the quantity of type or space that a given amount of text will occupy when set.
- to make (the final stitches) in completing a knitted fabric.
- to throw (a falcon) off from the fist to pursue game.
- cast on, to set (yarn) on a needle in order to form the initial stitches in knitting.
- cast out, to force out;
- cast up:
- to add up;
- to vomit;
- [Chiefly Scot.]to turn up;
- act of casting or throwing.
- that which is thrown.
- the distance to which a thing may be cast or thrown.
- a throw of dice.
- the number rolled.
- act of throwing a line or net onto the water.
- a spot for casting;
a fishing place.
- [Theat.]the group of performers to whom parts are assigned;
- [Hunting.]a searching of an area for a scent by hounds.
- a stroke of fortune;
fortune or lot.
- a ride offered on one's way;
- the form in which something is made or written;
- act of casting or founding.
- the quantity of metal cast at one time.
- something formed from a material poured into a mold in a molten or liquid state;
- an impression or mold made from something.
- a rigid surgical dressing, usually made of bandage treated with plaster of Paris.
- outward form;
- a permanent twist or turn: to have a cast in one's eye.
- a warp.
- a slight tinge of some color;
shade: A good diamond does not have a yellowish cast.
- a dash or trace;
a small amount.
- a conjecture;
- [Zool.]something that is shed, ejected, or cast off or out, as molted skin, a feather, food from a bird's crop, or the coil of sand and waste passed by certain earthworms.
- [Ornith.]pellet (def. 6).
- [Falconry.]a pair of hawks put in flight together.
- effused plastic matter produced in the hollow parts of various diseased organs.
- low-grade, irregular wool.
- at a single cast, through a single action or event: He bankrupted himself at a single cast.
- (of an animal, esp. a horse) lying in such a position that it is unable to return to its feet without assistance.
Ironi•ron (ī′ərn),USA pronunciation n.
- a ductile, malleable, silver-white metallic element, scarcely known in a pure condition, but much used in its crude or impure carbon-containing forms for making tools, implements, machinery, etc. Symbol: Fe;
at. wt.: 55.847;
at. no.: 26;
sp. gr.: 7.86 at 20°C. Cf. cast iron, pig iron, steel, wrought iron.
- something hard, strong, rigid, unyielding, or the like: hearts of iron.
- an instrument, utensil, weapon, etc., made of iron.
- an appliance with a flat metal bottom, used when heated, as by electricity, to press or smooth clothes, linens, etc.
- [Golf.]one of a series of nine iron-headed clubs having progressively sloped-back faces, used for driving or lofting the ball. Cf. wood1 (def. 8).
- a branding iron.
- any of several tools, structural members, etc., of metals other than iron.
- the blade of a carpenter's plane.
- a pistol.
- a harpoon.
- a preparation of iron or containing iron, used chiefly in the treatment of anemia, or as a styptic and astringent.
- irons, shackles or fetters: Put him in irons!
- a sword.
- in irons:
- [Naut.](of a sailing vessel) unable to maneuver because of the position of the sails with relation to the direction of the wind.
- [Naut.](of a towing vessel) unable to maneuver because of tension on the towing line.
- Also, into irons. in shackles or fetters.
- irons in the fire, matters with which one is immediately concerned;
projects: He had other irons in the fire, so that one failure would not destroy him.
- pump iron, to lift weights as an exercise or in competition.
- strike while the iron is hot, to act quickly when an opportunity presents itself.
- of, containing, or made of iron: an iron skillet.
- resembling iron in firmness, strength, color, etc.: an iron will.
- holding or binding strongly: an iron grip.
- irritating or harsh in tone: an iron voice.
- to smooth or press with a heated iron, as clothes or linens.
- to furnish, mount, or arm with iron.
- to shackle or fetter with irons.
- to smooth and thin the walls of (an object being deep-drawn).
- to press clothes, linens, etc., with an iron.
- iron out:
- to iron or press (an item of clothing or the like).
- to remove (wrinkles) from by ironing.
- to resolve or clear up (difficulties, disagreements, etc.): The problem was ironed out months ago.
Sinksink (singk),USA pronunciation v., sank or, often, sunk;
sunk or sunk•en;
- to displace part of the volume of a supporting substance or object and become totally or partially submerged or enveloped;
fall or descend into or below the surface or to the bottom (often fol. by in or into): The battleship sank within two hours. His foot sank in the mud. Her head sinks into the pillows.
- to fall, drop, or descend gradually to a lower level: The river sank two feet during the dry spell.
- to settle or fall gradually, as a heavy structure: The tower is slowly sinking.
- to fall or collapse slowly from weakness, fatigue, distress, etc.: He gasped and sank to his knees.
- to slope downward;
dip: The field sinks toward the highway.
- to go down toward or below the horizon: the sun sinks in the west.
- to penetrate, permeate, or seep (usually fol. by in or into): Wipe the oil off before it sinks into the wood.
- to become engulfed or absorbed in or gradually to enter a state (usually fol. by in or into): to sink into slumber.
- to be or become deeply absorbed or involved in a mood or mental state (usually fol. by in or into): sunk in thought. She sank into despair.
- to pass or fall into some lower state, as of fortune, estimation, etc.;
degenerate: to sink into poverty.
- to decline or deteriorate in quality or worth.
- to fail in physical strength or health.
- to decrease in amount, extent, intensity, etc.: The temperature sank to 30° at noon.
- to become lower in volume, tone, or pitch: Her voice sank to a whisper.
- to enter or permeate the mind;
become known or understood (usually fol. by in or into): He said it four times before the words really sank in.
- to become concave;
become hollow, as the cheeks.
- to drop or fall gradually into a lower position: He sank down on the bench.
- to cause to become submerged or enveloped;
force into or below the surface;
cause to plunge in or down: The submarine sank the battleship. He sank his fist into the pillow.
- to cause to fall, drop, or descend gradually.
- to cause to penetrate: to sink an ax into a tree trunk.
- to lower or depress the level of: They sank the roadway by five feet.
- to bury, plant, or lay (a pipe, conduit, etc.) into or as if into the ground.
- to dig, bore, or excavate (a hole, shaft, well, etc.).
- to bring to a worse or lower state or status.
- to bring to utter ruin or collapse: Drinking and gambling sank him completely.
- to reduce in amount, extent, intensity, etc.
- to lower in volume, tone, or pitch.
- to suppress;
- to invest in the hope of making a profit or gaining some other return: He sank all his efforts into the business.
- to lose (money) in an unfortunate investment, enterprise, etc.
- to throw, shoot, hit, or propel (a ball) so that it goes through or into the basket, hole, pocket, etc.: She sank the 10 ball into the side pocket.
- to execute (a stroke or throw) so that the ball goes through or into the basket, hole, pocket, etc.: to sink a putt; to sink a free throw.
- sink one's teeth into:
- to bite deeply or vigorously.
- to do or enter into with great enthusiasm, concentration, conviction, etc.: to sink my teeth into solving the problem.
- a basin or receptacle, as in a kitchen or laundry, usually connected with a water supply and drainage system, for washing dishes, clothing, etc.
- a low-lying, poorly drained area where waters collect and sink into the ground or evaporate.
- sinkhole (def. 2).
- a place of vice or corruption.
- a drain or sewer.
- a device or place for disposing of energy within a system, as a power-consuming device in an electrical circuit or a condenser in a steam engine.
- any pond or pit for sewage or waste, as a cesspool or a pool for industrial wastes.
- any natural process by which contaminants are removed from the atmosphere.
Hello folks, this blog post is about Antique Eljer Cast Iron Sink (beautiful Eljer Sink #6). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 704 x 704. This image's file size is just 35 KB. If You ought to save This blog post to Your PC, you can Click here. You also also see more photos by clicking the picture below or see more at this article: Eljer Sink.
You are not the only real those who can buy Antique Eljer Cast Iron Sink (beautiful Eljer Sink #6). Every home owner of furniture in need due to their houses. This is the cause you can find lots of options in stores. It is very important to one to ensure most of the objects you decide on accordingto your budget along with your home. Conventional furniture may charge extremely expensive.
Thus, you shouldn't overlook of utilizing the furniture the possibility. Advertisements in backyard income as well as local newspapers and cd outlets frequently might have some fixtures that are very nice. You'll have the furniture reupholstered if required. By pursuing these strategies you can conserve plenty of cash.
Try to find Antique Eljer Cast Iron Sink (beautiful Eljer Sink #6) that's resilient classic if you put them outdoors. Examine the weak welds and fixtures. If you learn a weld that appears even perhaps fragile, neglect them-and find furniture that is stable. Each outdoor furniture you decide on ought to be ready to tolerate nature's weather to be subjected for several years.
If you elect to obtain a Antique Eljer Cast Iron Sink (beautiful Eljer Sink #6), be sure to buy at the shop. Before they acquire things most of the people don't want to check the goods. Tough to replace the furniture in a few furniture stores. Carry examples of shades once you look for classic and conventional fixtures.
Maybe this has been a little while because you've visited a thrift-store, or maybe one 've never be visited by you? You'll basically eliminate, in that case. Sometimes you are able to report some lounge is great enough, although typically they've items which are cheaper than home fixtures.
It might search differently when within your home and in comparison to samples, although some might appear excellent in the retailer. It is simple to find swatches at your home improvement shop, or simply just have a picture of your test for evaluation things from occurring to prevent this.